Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
For us, the peace and quiet, the wind whispering in the trees, the lovely countryside, and new friends we've made here provide us with what we wanted in retirement. We don't go to shows or movies much, don't smoke or drink, and just wanted serenity for the most part.

Same here! Our neighbors are wonderful people. We live in an association with 18 townhouses. Most of us are in our 60's, 70's and 80's. My next door neighbor is 83 and she runs circles around me!
They are truly hardy New Englanders!
We live 17 miles from Boston so if we had to get really good medical care we have it there. Our local doctors are really quite good and well educated because of the many many colleges in Boston and several good medical schools.
As I've said before, we live within walking distance of the ocean and it's wonderful. The water is very clear unlike the East River where you cannot see a thing.
The local gourmet supermarket is within walking distance and worth going to when they have a sale otherwise we go to the big supermarket 5 miles away when we have a big shopping to do.
Yes, peace and serenity are tops on my list of priorities!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.