Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
For what it's worth, that story was current back in 2007, when I was invested -- looks like they still haven;t found any others.

I sold my shares in 2011-12, when it became clear that (a) there were no actual viable products forthcoming despite management's repeated promises of mysterious unnamed 'OEM Manufacturers' -- and when it became clear that the succes of the iPad had pretty much wiped out the primary uuse-case that was being imagined for Pico-projectors.

Why do I occasionally post here? As a public service and penance for my mistaking fantasy for investment.

You really think your investment in MVIS is 'safe'? You don't think it is extremely speculative? I'm not saying it's inconceivable that they might have something to offer with their technology, which I have always found impressive , or that they could get bought out -- at a premium to today's price, but at simply massive, massive losses to anyone, like tkrim, who bought before 2012.

But between you saying this is a 'safe' investment and tkrim routinely expecting PicoP to take over a significant % of all screen applications and maybe hit, oh $89 in the next few years, I like to add a dose of reality for the newer investors who might get seduced into 'shooting the moon' with this very risky stock.

8martini8
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.