Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
For what tax ramifications should I be alert from a partnership perspective?

Because the LLC is operating in California, you are going to have to file a CA income tax return and pay income taxes to CA. Normally at this point I'd talk about how your resident state usually offers a tax credit to offset some of the double state taxation. But that's moot for a Texas resident. :-(

So you're going to have some extra costs with this investment - the cost of state income taxes. (Plus there might be some compliance costs like a higher tax return preparation fee.)

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.