Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
A friend of mine moved to the US from a foreign country for two reasons. One, to take a new job and two, to pave the way for his very gifted young teen to attend university in the US.

I recall foreign students arriving in the US on a foreign student visa, but he indicates that his permanent residency here will make it easier for her to qualify for special scholarships, etc.

I am curious as to the general thoughts on this topic..I am not sure what having a parent here in the US will do a foreign student above and beyond any other foreign student - maybe in-state tuition - assuming she would attend a public university?

Not sure, curious as to any comments on this topic.

THanks, RS
Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.