Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have lived out of the US for about 8 years. My salary has always been under 70k, so I haven't had to pay US taxes (although I've paid a lot in the country I live in). However, this year my salary will be much higher, and I will have to pay money to Uncle Sam in addition to what I pay in my country of residence. Does anyone know how I can minimize my tax burden in the US legally? Are there any books/publications available? Does it pay to use a tax advisor? Where should I begin? Thanks for your help.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.