No. of Recommendations: 1
Forgive me - are any of these fixed rate or do they all current;y float?
Will you be taking on more loans for the last year or are you potentially eligible?

In my last year of grad school, I took a sub loan and used it to cover expenses while I paid off an unsub loan with less favorable terms.

You'll need to talk with your lender(s) to get an idea of the options available to you. At one time, if all loans were from a single lender, they got first crack at your consolidation. Some repayment plan options (e.g. very extended) may require you consolidate a minimum amount (e.g. 30k)

You might also want to look at running a "debt snowball" with extended repayment plans on the loans you are putting off, and making larger payments on the ones you want to kill sooner. There is probably a trade-off here, but you might be able to assert more control on cash flow.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.