No. of Recommendations: 129
Forgive the intrusion, but I need to ask you a question. We've identified a software developer that may be able to take a lot of
the legwork out of screening for you. The upside is that this developer has access to reams and reams of historical data, both
technical and fundamental. The downside is that they don't have proprietary data like VL or IBD. So, here is my question:

Are there screens, or even portions of screens, that you'd like to see us try and piece together to make life easier for you?
Keep in mind that these screens can be on most any piece of fundamental or technical data, and they can probably even put
together some formulaic stuff that you dream up.

So, here's an opportunity for you to put in some requests for possible screens. I'll take your requests to the developer and see
what they can come up with.

Thanks,

Bogey

Hey Bogey, not an intrusion. You own this place, remember? ;-)

To give you my gut reaction, while I appreciate and trust TMF's motives (not everyone does as much) I tend to be suspicious of third parties like this. Are you paying them (I doubt it) or are they offering their services free of charge? What's their angle? We've seen a few people come and go, some appeared to offer their efforts, leached a ton of data and then disappeared. Others have started web sites that attempt to commercialize the work done here for their own gain.

Since over-popularization of MI can hurt us, we are somewhat paranoid. The last thing we would want is for someone to run off and write a best selling book about MI. Also, the screen development process is difficult, very interactive, and requires an understanding of many nuances. I don't think it would be fruitful to tell someone to test screening steps one, two, three and give us the bottom line results without any further interaction and scrutiny. If someone wants to participate I suggest that they begin by participating on the board, learning something about MI, presenting their ideas, and gaining our familiarity and trust along the way.

Now that I think of it, maybe you've just looked at your contract with Compustat and realized that since you abandoned the Workshop area you haven't gotten your money's worth from them. Is that it? If so, can we nominate one of the trusted and knowledgeable people on this board to work with Compustat directly, subject to TMF's agreement?

Elan

P.S. I used "we" in this message, but it's all just my own opinion.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.