Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I have just noticed that an account for a stock purchase plan through my employer is actually a foreign account that needs to be reported on Form 8938 (and also on treasury department form TD F 90-22.1). I filed both forms for my 2011 personal income tax return, but did not list that account on either form. Of course I declared the income from that account.

- So I am assuming that I need to file an amended return for 2011, correct?

- If so, is it correct that I also need to send in Form 1040X (even though there is no change in tax liability) in addition to Form 8938?

- Do I also need to send in a new form TD F 90-22.1 or will it be sufficient to add that account to my form for the 2012 return?

Thank you in advance for any help on the matter,
Print the post Back To Top