Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Forgot to add where the cost came from.
I was playing hockey one day and a puck did a great job breaking 2 of my teeth and then i fell causing my other tooth to crack. Clearly I was in a lot of pain :). I went down to NYC and my dentist figured that 2 of the teeth can't be saved by the third one had 50/50 chance (covered by insurance). So I lost 2 teeth (that was covered by insurance). What increased the cost so much was the cost of implants that I decided to get because I'm only 22 and I looked really funny without teeth and its hard to chew food with one side of your mouth =X. (well that was $2700/tooth - 500 that insurance covered otherwise I'd just do it in Binghamton for $2500). Now that x3 = $6600. I also managed to get an infection before I went down to NYC and insurance decided not to pay for that (but I'm arguing my case on that one so this is still pending). Overall I got about 8k worth of dental work and I only make about 13k on stipend and made about 20k trading. So that's 33k in income, 8k in bills =/. + cost of transportation adds another 1k.

thanks
Aleks
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.