Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
i used to be a store manager for CVS. now i am a former disgruntled employee. i used to average an 70 hour work week and at least six days, on a good week. i asked the DM to give the employees more money, but it wasn't in the budget. now i am the main ringer, stock boy and manager. is this what i went to college for? the managers that are getting promoted today have no experience with the company. The DM's know how to point their fingers, but don't lift them to help. why are managers getting frustrated? The answer is simple. The bosses want everything done yesterday, managers have no help, long hours, no positive feedback, not enough hours in the budget, stay as long as you have too, overwork your assistants, no lunches, cut hours to make the budget, and still be the security in the store at all times. CVS upper level management do not invest in their managers, but they do expect everything done yesterday. i liked working for CVS, until the buyout of Revco. it went straight down the tubes after that. we replaced most of the Revco managers without experienced replacements. no wonder the stores are not looking so good.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.