Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey, I am a former employee (if anyone has read my previous postings). Worked at CVS in high school and during college breaks. Now I am 21 and wiser, so I decided to become a fool. Dumber also because I didn't even think about its stocks when it was only 13 bucks/share.

What can I say? You guys are all right that the board is pretty empty, but that's good, because that means fewer people know/care about a growing company.

I can't tell you anything specifics about CVS. But here are some more thoughts.

As I recalled (I was a head cashier and was in charge of making deposits among other responsibilities). Our store made at least $20,000 per day. With a big sale, easily exceed $30,000. Our store was CVS' #1 branch (for non-24 hour stores and even ranked in the top 5 among the 24 hour stores).

I worked with some of the finest retail managers and assistant managers around. I have to admit that perhaps the management at the store level has deteriorate a bit.

You may have all noticed the numerous CVS management trainee program in the newspapers. Well, I met a kid who just got out of high school and was hired by CVS immediately and became an assistant manager. I think that's not a very good way to train managers, but with the store growing so fast, is hard to keep up with training managers.

CVS needs to catch up to this "gap" and also make sure their distribution of products is on par with expansion. I have no doubt CVS will continue to grow within the next 10 years.

Gosh, I wish I can add more, but I was only a front store worker and didn't get involved with the pharmacy and the big cheeses at Woosocket, RI.

I'd love to hear any opinions about CVS.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.