Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 12
Francois (MedGeek) wrote:

Is Biotech Gorilla Game or not? Strictly speaking..no! But as investors, one historical fact should remain clear in our minds: Biotech (in a broad sense that includes Pharma) as been the second best rewarding sector to invest in the last 50 years or so.

There are a lot of tremendously successful companies far removed from high technology. Even highly successful sectors. Had we all only bought Wal-Mart in 1970....

Your comment above sums it up:

"Strictly speaking..no!"

As my previous post stated, if you think that simply because the past few years of tremendous run in equitey prices has allowed you to 'master' gorilla gaming in high technology that one's confidence is so high at the moment to think that applying specific criteria designed for high technology to other fields is worthy of consideration, I would simply state caution.

I don't know what else to say. Plenty of us are throwing are hands up in the air, shaking our heads and saying 'be careful'. I contend that high technology investing is difficult enough to warrant years of continued study and that are focus on that will feed this board for days, weeks, months, quarters, years, decades, etc... . There are appropriate discussion venues for other fields of study that in my opinion would be more focused. In the meantime, losing focus on the board designed to focus on high technology investing via the strict criteria of The Gorilla Game will continue to meander and possibly detract gorilla gamers from sharpening their skill in this area of investment.

BB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.