Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Frankly, I think those are done NOT by people with an agenda, but lunatics who just want an excuse to kill. Alot of these folks are taught at birth, that they will go to heaven for killing the enemy.

The problem is that because of the teachings by Palestinian and Arab world leaders that it is not only O.K., but actually required to kill Israelis, they are turning everyone into "lunatics." Palestinian TV and radio call out to the masses to kill kill kill. It's a sad story.

BTW, not only are they taught that they'll go to heaven for killing Israelis by suicide bombing, but that they'll also receive 70 virgins each- not a bad deal if you're a poor teenage boy. These statements made by the spiritual leaders of their people only adds to the violence, yet the Koran speaks nothing of these "rewards."

Lets say, Palestine GOT 100% of what they want, do you think for one minute the violence will stop? NO, it only takes one lunatic, and they are breeding tons of them. The age 14-24 male bracket, is going to grow at record levels in years to come in that region.

When the Palestinians had control of the religious sites in the area, Jews were not allowed to pray at many of their sites. Heck, they weren't even allowed access to most of them. Today, the Arabs are pretty much granted total freedom to all of their sites.

The world recently got a glimpse of the respect that the Palestinians have for the holy sites of the Jews. When the recent uprising began, an angry mob headed for Joseph's Tomb. After desperately trying to hold off the mob, the few soldiers protecting the site were forced to retreat. The mob made quick work of the site and turned it into a Mosque in less than a week.

This sounds cruel and heartless, and does not reflect my view of the general public in either country, but rather to the gov't of each side. I feel NO sadness if they go to war. I jope it is a long drawn out war, with heavy military casualties. Frankly, I think it would be good for the world. Just like the Iran-Iraq war, ask yourself the hard question, when BOTH those armies suffered casualties, DID the world gain, or loose?....We lost millions of lunatics. So be it.

Whoa! Easy there... think about something for a second: When was the last time that a Jew sacrificed his own life for his people by blowing himself up in a crowded shopping mall or outdoor market? The only comparable thing I can think of is when Boruch Goldstein went into a mosque in 1994 and starting shooting at unarmed Palestians- an act that was condemned by 99% of the worldwide Jewish population. Otherwise, it's pretty much been all Palestinian acts of terror. Have Palestinian school buses been shot at? I don't think so. Have their buses been bombed? I don't think so either. The Israeli responses to terror have been just that- RESPONSES.

It would be an absolute tragedy for millions of innocent people to lose their lives. Thankfully for the Israelis, the US is on their side and have given them the necessary funds to protect its citizens from such attacks by its neighboring countries.

Dan
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.