Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
Frankly, if you don't know enough about something then you should not be making the decision. You should find a fee-only financial planner and just do what he says. (Not a commission planner as he has the conflict of interest that he wants more commissions.)

As for "getting killed in taxes", I don't know enough to comment (snide or otherwise...for all I know you're self-employed and having to do both sides of SS plus self-employment tax and maybe some other stuff). But if you have a good accountant he/she should be helping you maximize your deductions and minimize your tax liability. That's the most anyone can (legitimately) do.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.