Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Frankly, I'm amazed at the negative poll results so far. I moved all of my accounts to AMEX last April from Datek and E*trade (I've got a joint account and two IRA's).

This change in commission schedule notwithstanding, I still think it's a great deal. My trading consists of one or two monthly buys from my regular savings and an occasional sell, so, the commission schedule will not affect most of my transactions. I will, however, think twice before placing a limit order, which I've done on occasion in the past.

As I've said, I've dealt the E*Trade and Datek in the past. AMEX's customer service has them all beat. Any time I've called them, I've never had to wait more than a minute or two for a representative to come on the line, and my questions have always been answered efficiently and courteously.

Let's face it. Things like this happen in the business world. Costs increase and businesses raise their prices all the time. I'm glad that AMEX chose to take their price increase the way they did, which I think will have the least impact on the vast majority of account holders.

I give them high marks and praise and feel very secure with the future of their brokerage business.

hogan
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.