No. of Recommendations: 8
Today I've received three calls. One purported to be from a local car dealership, one from Microsoft and one from some Australian firm. All three went something like this: "Our technical support reported that there have been two charges made on your Visa card, one for $400 and one for $650, and both look suspicious. If you didn't make these charges, dial one to speak to one of our representatives."

Yeah, right. I don't have a Visa card, and had no business with either of the claimed sources, so I hung up. I'm willing to bet that had I followed up on it by speaking to their "representative", the first question would have been asking for my card number.

Don't fall for these calls: just hang up.

RayB
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
The concept of Microsoft having customer service who would actually contact a customer
is laughable.

Howie52

The intelligence and industriousness of thieves has been declining terribly.
No. of Recommendations: 7
No. of Recommendations: 1

The concept of Microsoft having customer service who would actually contact a customer
is laughable.

Howie52

--------------------------

Synchro. Not 5 minutes ago I got a recorded call from "Microsoft". They were advising I had been the victim of some vague security compromise and I would need a new License Key for my Microsoft products. All I had to do was press 1 to be connected to a technician who will resolve the problem.

Being a bit of a risk taker, I decided not to press 1, so if I suddenly disappe
No. of Recommendations: 1
I've gotten dozens of calls from 'microsoft' advising me that there is a virus on my computer and that I need to pay them to help me to remove it.......by going to a web site they tell me to go to.

every now and then, I let them go on for a minute or two...then ask them, what kind of computer they think I have that has the problem. Surely they have all that information right there...... and if I'm really nasty that day.....whatever they say, I say nope, I've got an Apple....even though I don't....

Most of the callers seem to have an accent.....

t
No. of Recommendations: 3
No. of Recommendations: 2
I've gotten dozens of calls from 'microsoft' advising me that there is a virus on my computer and that I need to pay them to help me to remove it.......by going to a web site they tell me to go to.

I've received those too. I had a bit of fun on them by asking, "Did Apple buy Microsoft?"

Kathleen