No. of Recommendations: 2
Freaking hilarious, these libs.

Let's start with the obviously dishonest thread title (And I'm sure there are others written in equally dishonest ways): Susan Collins didn't get $45 million. The state of Maine did.

For infrastructure. That thing that liberals claim America is in dire need of.

The PA left: Fake news, fake emotional outbursts, fake pretty much everything. The only thing genuine about these folks is their hatred for Normal Americans.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Lubec's population?

Um, 1400.

Hhhmmmm... $45 million for 1400 residents.

Expensive bribery but, hey, it ain't The Mango God King's money.

No wonder he's added $3 trillion to the debt he promised to erase.

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/11/14/news/down-east/lubec-......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think that is bad, then you should try reading the Internal Revenue Code.

Nean
No. of Recommendations: 12
Hhhmmmm... $45 million for 1400 residents.

Since facts really do matter, let's dig into those a bit.

First off, there appear to be two projects in that $45 million total, one in Lubec and one in Woolwich.

According to the article you linked, the Lubec project is just under $20 million. And it's not so much for the 1400 residents, but for the $9 million per year fishery in the area. ($91 million over 10 years, so I did the math.) The fisherman need a safe place to dock, which they really don't have at the moment. So this seems to be a decent benefit for industry in the area. Is it worth the price tag? I don't know enough to answer that. But it doesn't appear to be an obvious boondoggle.

The article doesn't mention the bridge in Woolwich. I'm feeling lazy today, so I'm not hunting for it.

More importantly, the article you link is dated Nov 14, 2019. It sounds like the money was appropriated for the Lubec project before the articles of impeachment were passed in the House. I'm not sure that's a good way to bribe a Senator for a no vote on impeachment. As any good briber knows, you really should hold up the funds until after the Senator votes as desired. That makes the link between the money and the vote pretty tenuous in this case. I think it looks more like typical Congressional pork than any quid pro quo for a vote.

There's plenty of real problems with Trump and Collins. Let's not make up extras just to pile on.

--Peter
No. of Recommendations: 5
ptheland: More importantly, the article you link is dated Nov 14, 2019. It sounds like the money was appropriated for the Lubec project before the articles of impeachment were passed in the House. I'm not sure that's a good way to bribe a Senator for a no vote on impeachment.

The Ukraine "perfect call" whistleblower complaint was first publicized on September 13th and then released to the public in an unclassified format on September 26th.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Tuesday, September 24, that the House would initiate a formal impeachment inquiry against President Trump, charging him with betraying his oath of office and the nation’s security by seeking to enlist a foreign power to tarnish a rival for his own political gain.

So I'm going to disagree with you.
No. of Recommendations: 1
The article doesn't mention the bridge in Woolwich. I'm feeling lazy today, so I'm not hunting for it.

I'll do it for you since I used to live there (>3000 residents).

The bridge is smack on Rt 1, the main non-highway artery up the coast about two miles north of the Bath Iron Works shipyard, home of Aegis destroyers and a, if not the, major employer in Maine. so it's less about Woolwich (rural/residential) and more about Maine.

That said, Collins support in southern and mid-Coast Maine is weak and getting weaker.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

My only regret is her state is full of greed white 401K liberals.

But it's so much fun to see the hate.

The new hate that's En Vogue (until you Sheeple find a new thing to hate) - is Collins.

I love this.

KAVANAUGH! BARR!! WITNESSES!!! UKRAINE!!!!

Now COLLINS!

Media rabbits.

It's a pleasure - absolute pleasure for me to know 2 things:

1.)Your Bill of Rights is going to be curtailed.

2) Ice caps are melting - and Climate Change is real - and hopefully gives you people what you deserve.

Too bad there isn't a Climate Al Qaeda - dedicated to speeding things up.

JediG
Wonder if she got anything for not impeaching Clinton.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Freaking hilarious, these libs.

Let's start with the obviously dishonest thread title (And I'm sure there are others written in equally dishonest ways): Susan Collins didn't get $45 million. The state of Maine did.

For infrastructure. That thing that liberals claim America is in dire need of.

The PA left: Fake news, fake emotional outbursts, fake pretty much everything. The only thing genuine about these folks is their hatred for Normal Americans.