Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I decided not to fix the recipe I planned with fresh sage, and here I am with a few nice sprigs of fresh sage from Trader Joe's.

I'm fixing chowder some time between today and Tuesday while cod's on sale. I guess I could use sage in the chowder, but I put thyme and bay leaves in chowder, not sage, not sure how good sage would be...my chowder is perfect the way it is ;-)

I have a bag of gluten-free bread cubes (for croutons or stuffing). I could roast a chicken soon with stuffing using fresh sage.

Pork butt is on sale this week, and I was planning to pick up a couple. None of my pork butt recipes involve sage (I mainly use pork butt for carnitas and I've been meaning to try slicing and marinating it for grilled pork over Vietnamese salad). I'm open to suggestion! I fix a pork chop casserole with apples and sage, but pork butt seems too fatty for that.

Anyhoo...any other ideas for fresh sage?

What about drying it to make dried sage? I've never dried my own herbs and have no dehydrator--dry in the oven? Hang from something? Sage seems "juicier" than other herbs.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.