Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 21
from the comments:

- Saying that not getting vaccinated is a "just a personal choice" is like saying that driving 120 mph on the highway is a "just a personal choice." No, it's not. But more to the point, we need to stop indulging the anti-vaccine crowd. If you work in the health field, law enforcement, or any other job where you are in contact with the public and you refuse to get vaccinated, you should be fired, period.

- They need a campaign emphasizing Americans duty to protect their friends and neighbors, as if it were a great wartime effort. If you get vaccinated, you’re one of the good guys. I remember being young and naive and skipping the flu shot because I was heathy and never got sick. A friend who studied infectious diseases at the CDC (what a great friend to have!) explained to me that I wasn’t getting my flu shot for myself, but I was doing it for my pregnant coworker, and the guy in chemo from cancer, and for my grandparents. As obvious as that sounds now, “public health” was just something that hadn’t occurred to me yet.

- Letting people remain unvaccinated and eventually needing to lock down is a much greater restriction on freedom than requiring people to get the vaccine would be. I live in Spain where the case numbers required us to not leave our houses for four months. Don’t tell me that it’s because you value freedom that you won’t get the vaccine. Freedom for a small number of people to not get a shot one or two days vs freedom of everyone to see friends, not wear a mask, live their lives? No contest.

- There is large overlap between people not interested in getting the shot and those who don't think the pandemic is a big deal to begin with. They couldn't wear a mask for a ten minute trip in Home Depot. They couldn't skip getting together for Christmas to help minimize spread in their community. The only thing that's going to get them to do anything is have it affect them personally: No flying without a shot, no concerts, no sporting events. Whether Corporate America can step up and bring on these requirements remains to be seen, but hopefully it will come for the good of the country.

from alstro:

Since many trumplicans believe covid escaped or was deliberately released from a Communist Chinese lab, why don't they assume this is germ warfare and get vaccinated to defeat Red China?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.