Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
From what I understand, all you have to do is open the account with $2,500 ... so you would only need to put $2,500 in the account, I don't think you would need $2,750. Just deposit $2,500 and pay the 2 bills from that. If you go with EZ Checking, $1,500 is all you need to avoid a service fee, and this $1,500 could be in any combination of linked accounts.

I don't think they make you order paper checks ... it's up to you. You could order checks from them or from a third party supplier. Here is part of their Client Agreement:

Checkbook; Checks. When you open your checking account, you can order personalized checks through us. When we place an order for your checks, we act as sales and billing agent for the check supplier, and we are compensated for our services. You can choose from a wide variety of styles and colors. The cost varies depending on the style and quantity you select and includes postage and handling. We will automatically deduct the amount from your account balance after your order is processed. You are responsible for checking the accuracy of all information shown on your checks. If you find an error, please notify us immediately.

If you prefer, you may choose to use an independent supplier for your printed checks. However, we may refuse to accept or process checks provided through an independent supplier unless we have approved those checks in advance. In addition, we may ignore any legal copy appearing on those checks (such as "Void after 60 days").You are responsible for ensuring that magnetic ink character recognition (MICR) is properly encoded on those checks. We reserve the right to return unpaid any check that is not properly MICR-encoded and you agree that we will not be liable for any losses resulting from nonpayment of any such check. We also reserve the right to assess a fee to cover the costs associated with the manual processing of checks that have not been properly MICR- encoded.

If you want to close the account, they can send you a paper check if you wish. I didn't see any mention of a fee to send you a check in their fee schedule, but you might call them to make sure. You might also ask them about ACHng the money out and if you would have to pay the fee then. Some banks will not charge you a service charge the last statement cycle, even if you go below the balance.

You might try c2it to transfer money to and from Citibank. It may be more reliable since c2it is also a Citibank service. I know that it is quicker than Yahoo Funds Transfer. (www.c2it.com)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.