Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
1FW - thank you for setting up so well for us. I am making a binder with the set-up pages and all the poems we're going to look at.

About MOWING:
How exquisite - every word is expressive, pure. I especially love the first two lines: "There was never a sound beside the wood but one,/ And that was my long scythe whispering to the ground."

It amazes me that he is able to take such a simple act, and find the beauty, the essence, the power of it. You can feel the sun, and see the waves of heat rising from the golden grass.

Knowing about his tortured life only makes me more
amazed. Some people are just so gifted, that they FEEL
way more than the rest of us (more than me, anyways).
That he was able to translate that hyper-sensitivity, through such beautiful language, into a new form, or reality ,just boggles my mind. This is a joy to read.
I also like "... at the hand of fay or elf"

Also,my apologies in advance, to the Colonel, for my poor grammar!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.