Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 21
Fools,

For what it's worth, rumors flying that Cisco is going to buy Fastly.

Here's the two simple reasons I believe it's true.

CEO Joshua Bixby has cashed out tons of shares and is a venture capitalist. It's in his DNA to build - and sell.

Artur Bergman, the great brain behind the operation, fled the CEO role the second the company went public and seems like the kind of guy who would much rather build great things than deal with the endless meshugas of being a public company.

Fastly's DNA feels completely different than Cloudflare - especially if you follow NET's top execs on Twitter. They epitomize Jim Collin's concept of a BHAG - Big Hairy Audacious Goal - which is to build a better, safer, faster, more innovative Internet. And strike me as limitlessly - in the best sense of the word - ambitious.

I don't gamble but if I did I'd add some FSLY here as the buyout price will likely be over 110.

Curious if any techies believe this impacts NET?

Best,

BD
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.