No. of Recommendations: 0
Full AI driving is an incredibly challenging problem. It seems highly unlikely it will be cracked in yours or my lifetime...

If you believe that then your post was about an irrelevant time not within your lifetime. Please make up your mind. The opportunity to buy cars with no steering wheel means that full AI driving has been achieved. So what are you talking about?

Me, I think we'll have full autonomous driving within a few years because I believe we'll have special purpose AI that soon. And I especially believe that people are sufficiently bad drivers that replacing then is a much easier problem than replacing the best drivers. Plus there are so many obvious benefits to full autonomous driving that there will be great pressure to make it happen.

But regardless, getting the choice on whether to have a steering wheel can happen only after. And no, saying a post is foolish and makes no sense is not an ad hominem attack.

-IGU-
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.