Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Fuma - I would love to read your thoughts on new-to-me biotech companies!

Marsuculix - I am just dipping my toes in biotech as an investing proposition after breaking the ice with Alkermes last year. Most of my IRA is in longer-term, larger-cap stocks, but I am an RN with a background in research (I once a tiny biotech/research lab out of my basement!) and as a wannabe scientist (and wannabe retiree!), I have become more intrigued in the investment side of things.

I have small positions in the few stocks I've mentioned, and a TEENSY (but fun - whee! What a ride!) position in Bionovelus (ONOV)just because I like the principal's ideas and drink a lot of coffee.

I also have a very tiny position in CVR Med (CRRVF), which I can't for the life of me understand why I originally purchased and is now not worth selling. Lesson learned - don't buy biotechs w/o extra due diligence - and especially not after coming off a call shift without sleeping on it! ;-)

I see you are long AKAO and have been pondering a position in that but have been hesitating. Do you have any comments on timing wrt them?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.