Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 24
Dude, your schtik on this doppel about being a dull, former money manager is growing tiresome.....yeah, your daughter is a lawyer, you own such and such stock bought when $3/share and is now a "5 bagger", you volunteer your time at Kansas State U (or whatever).....yada yada yada yada

Please do declare your actual Fool profile(s).....is this Kahunacfa screenname shared by multiple posters here on the Fool as a joke??

And how many recs do you have left for the night?? ;-)
No. of Recommendations: 11

I'll bet no one cares.

I wish TMF would kick him off but I guess his money is too valuable for them to loose. I'd bet you could take up a collection that would more than equal whatever he pays.
No. of Recommendations: 17
I just wanted to congratulate you two on your wonderful Christmas spirit of kindness and love for your fellow man. You truly are inspirational. I do hope 2007 brings you a better attitude.

[AOLFoolman (aka "The Grinch")says]:
Dude, your schtik on this doppel about being a dull, former money manager is growing tiresome.....yeah, your daughter is a lawyer, you own such and such stock bought when $3/share and is now a "5 bagger", you volunteer your time at Kansas State U (or whatever).....yada yada yada yada

Please do declare your actual Fool profile(s).....is this Kahunacfa screenname shared by multiple posters here on the Fool as a joke??

----------------------------------------

[HokieHarry (aka "The man who stole Christmas") says:]

I'll bet no one cares.

I wish TMF would kick him off but I guess his money is too valuable for them to loose. I'd bet you could take up a collection that would more than equal whatever he pays.

----------------------------------------

Oh, one more thing, you forgot your OJ!!

Hundriver

OJ:

A guy was talking to his buddy, and he said, "I don't know what
to get my wife for her birthday - she has everything,
and besides, she can afford to buy anything she wants,
so I'm stumped."

His buddy said, "I have an idea why don't you make up a certificate saying she can have 60 minutes of great sex, any way she wants it
she'll probably be thrilled." So the fellow did.

The next day his buddy said, "Well? Did you take my suggestion?"

"Yes, I did," said the fellow. "Did she like it?" His buddy asked.

"Oh yes! she jumped up , thanked me, kissed me on the
forehead and ran out the door, yelling "I'll be back in an hour!!"

No. of Recommendations: 5
just to chime in -

The Motley Fool message boards just wouldn't be the same without KahunaCFA. He has become, for better or worse, an integral part of the culture that is The Motley Fool. I constantly get a hoot at how many rage against a behavior that you know isn't going to change.

On a few boards, particularly stock specific ones, I've had some good conversations with him.

Embrace and enjoy.

Zz
No. of Recommendations: 1
Another chime to add to Zz's.

Zz's right. There is no doubt that KahunaCFA seems to be as full of himself as anyone I've ever observed, with the possible exception of a couple of fellow lawyers I know. Nah, I thought about that for a moment; not even Gerry Spence is as full of himself as Kahuna. BUT, like Gerry, Kahuna is worth listening to, notwithstanding all the bull that one has to tolerate for the occasional worthwhile tidbit. He does, however, test one's tolerance level; but, just about the time I think I've had it with him and start considering turning him off, there's one of those worthwhile things, and I realize that I would have missed it if he'd been blanked out.

So . . . . . live and let live and be thankful for the tidbits.

Cheers for now,

Cal

OJ:

Two lawyers, Frank and Harry, meet for a drink. Frank says, "You know what happened? An angel was sent down to compile a list of the dishonest lawyers on earth. Six months later he dragged himself back to Heaven, exhausted. `Believe me,' he told God, `it'd be easier if I just made note of all of the honest lawyers on earth. In fact, I think I could do that in a weekend.' God said, `Fine.' Come Monday morning, the angel turned in his list and God said, `That's terrific. Now I think you should send all the lawyers on this list a note of congratulations.'"

Frank pauses and sips his Scotch. Then he says, "There was a postscript to the angel's note. You know what it was?"

Harry says, "No."

"Aha! So you didn't get one either!"

No. of Recommendations: 0
Right on!!!!! Twelve recs and counting so far. Does this tell Kahuna anything? Prolly not.

~D
Oh, one more thing, you forgot your OJ!!
Hundriver

Sorry.

A perplexed bank manager was interviewing one of his customers, a blonde woman whose name had come up on his exception report.

"I don't understand it, Ms Jones. There's nothing unusual about your account activity. But regularly, once each year for the last five, ever since we issued your bank card, you've keyed in a wrong P.I.N., the bank machine has swallowed your card, and we've had to issue you a new one and get you to enter a new P.I.N. Is there some reason why you forget your number, in such a regular fashion?"

"I don't know what it is." said Ms Jones. "One day it works fine, the next day I key in the number as I remember it and nothing happens. It's very frustrating."

"Well, I can't tell you what to use for a P.I.N., but most people pick a number based on something else they know or can look up. The date of a family wedding for example, or part of a familiar telephone number. Have you tried doing something like that?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I do. I use my house number and my age!"

Thanks to EhBC
~D

Right on!!!!! Twelve recs and counting so far. Does this tell Kahuna anything? Prolly not.

Make that 13...sorry.... forgot to rec it earlier.

Teri
*stoopid kids*

Their parents must never have smoked pot since all pot smokers know the DEA inhales. Had I been sitting there and heard y'all's remarks, I would have asked y'all to share since y'all's pot probably would have been better'n my pot.

ßillƒ
The Motley Fool message boards just wouldn't be the same without KahunaCFA. He has become, for better or worse, an integral part of the culture that is The Motley Fool. I constantly get a hoot at how many rage against a behavior that you know isn't going to change.

Helical, you'd probably be surprised that I agree with you. I actually strangely enjoy his posts too. Sometimes, I'll go through Kahuna's recent posts just to see kind of inanity he's cooked up recently. But of course, that doesn't keep me from "slapping him around" just for sheer fun every once in awhile. ;-)
No. of Recommendations: 5
I just wanted to congratulate you two on your wonderful Christmas spirit of kindness and love for your fellow man. You truly are inspirational. I do hope 2007 brings you a better attitude.

I take it you get you inspiration from the cfa man's posts so I can understand your bitterness about my comments on his inane posting.

All I see is that there is nothing offered in what he posts, no matter how you stretch it or make allowances for him. His "Rec" shortage posts, which are extremely dumb, are made, I believe, attempting to bring TMF's attention to him. His stock advice, too, is void of content and only to bring attention to what he believes to be of sterling quality and value to other. No way! Most all other readers have given up on the hope of getting more "Recs" and could get better stock advice reading the comic pages.

JUMO, of course.

You can do with it whatever you wish but it won't change my mind on how I view the that person.
No. of Recommendations: 2
But of course, that doesn't keep me from "slapping him around" just for sheer fun every once in awhile. ;-)
-----

Bully.
AOLFoolman100

But of course, that doesn't keep me from "slapping him around" just for sheer fun every once in awhile. ;-)

Yup, I understand as well. Last I looked (back when I knew how), my top rated post ever a comical smack down on Kahuna of Improve the Fool.

Zz

I take it you get you inspiration from the cfa man's posts so I can understand your bitterness about my comments on his inane posting. </>

I don't know why you take it that I get inspiration from him. I was solely commenting on your meanness of spirit at Christmastime and your equally (to Kahuna's) self inflated opinion of why his posts are worthless - like anyone else cares. (Yeah, I know others share your opinion and you got recs, so what?) Regardless of the fact that I like other things you post, I am more disturbed by your character attacks than you are of Kahuna's so called rantings. I can't put you on ignore without surrendering your interesting posts. But since you don't think anything Kahuna posts is of any value, why don't you just put him on ignore? Why do you want to castigate him publicly? Venting? PMS? Why don't you just keep it to yourself? That is your behavior that I don't understand and upon which I commented.

And, by the way, toss in a joke now and then.

Hundriver

OJ:

As a trail guide in a national park was with the rest of the seasonal staff in a rustic dining hall, where the food left something to be desired.

When he had finished with his meal, he scraped the remains into a garbage pail and stacked the plates for the dishwasher.

One worker, ahead of him in the line and apparently not too happy after his first week on the job, said as he slopped an uneaten plate of food into the garbage, "Now STAY there this time."
Ooohhh

That makes you extra-manly

Some things are just never funny.

OJ-Two guys walk into a bar. You'd think one of them would have seen it, and ducked.
All I see is that there is nothing offered in what he posts, no matter how you stretch it or make allowances for him. His "Rec" shortage posts, which are extremely dumb, are made, I believe, attempting to bring TMF's attention to him.

And may we ask what was offered in your post?
;^)

oj

Two confirmed bachelors sat talking one day, their conversation
drifted from politics to cooking.

"I got a cookbook once," said one, "but I could never do anything
with it."

"Too much fancy work in it, eh?" asked the other.

"You said it." said the first, "Every one of the recipes began
the same way - 'Take a clean dish.'"
I don't know why......etc., etc., etc.

Well, if I had the cfa guy as a favorite I'd probably feel different about him than I do. Not everyone I know, or don't know thinks the world of everyone else.

Take the democrats in DC; what about what they are saying about the Republicans...and vice versa.

And, by the way, toss in a joke now and then.

I could say the same.

That's what the TMF Humor board is for, and most do a good job there. Of course this has gotten strickly OT for the board.

Harry

PS
Have you forgotten not to type in italics. It's harder to read than regular type.

& yet he's a top favorite fool!?
No. of Recommendations: 3
The only reason I don't P-box him is that it makes me feel good to know that there is someone more boring than I am.

glh
-----

Remember the days before TMF was pay-to-play? Back when you could create as many dopples as you liked, and could fave yourself to hell and back?

Those dopples have never been cleaned up.
"Those dopples have never been cleaned up."

Yeah but..... wouldn't one have to pay for each of them now?

~aj
"Those dopples have never been cleaned up."

Yeah but..... wouldn't one have to pay for each of them now?

Only the ones that are still active.

Just because a "Fool" has left TMF, regardless of "how" they left, any Fav Fools added to a Fool Profile before TMF went to pay-for services, are still there today.

ßillƒ

Rank  Fool       How Many Love Them  
42    kahunacfa  382

He has that many aliases? ? ? ?
Don't forget kahunacfa appears to be is a gracious person who never replies in anger (well he never replies so I doubt he reads anything other than the thread titles) which counts for something on the web. I see comments about how his suggestions have helped people, so there must be many out there who are just getting started and think what he offers is of value.... He is looney in many respects, but not dangerously so. For example, he hates Dell because he doesn't like Micheal Dell; but then he likes Gateway which is crap compared to Dell (my other computer is a Gateway, I know of what I speak). He seldom replies to messages so you get the feeling he's just typing the same old stuff day after day. It never varies in content or word structure so many think he is a doppel who just cut's and paste's from previous stuff. I get the feeling that he really is retired and did very well (skilled or not, it doesn't always matter in finance when you are using other people's money). He's not married (or else his wife is ill). He tries to keep busy and lives near his daughter to keep involved. But when he's home alone at night, he likes to type. When I read it at 6 AM in the context of a busy life, it is tripe; but it's his life, his tripe I guess. I hope for better when I retire, but who knows?

glh
Summation: he's harmless and means no harm to others. I wouldn't take any of his current advice since I don't think he is actively engaged in anything.
Don't forget kahunacfa appears to be is a gracious person who never replies in anger

I won't burst your bubble with links. :o) - besides - I really can't be bothered and, please don't ask.

99% of..errrr! 75%....there abouts, approximately - give OR take....are gracious posters, as well. WE just don't get seen as much because we haven't got a BOLD watermark. (A constant/repetitive grief we can hide away from the TMF Police.

I tried for about 2 years with my own beliefs and warmed the THINKING CHAIR up a few times.

Kahuna must use a more expensive deodorant?

Kahuna CFA IS harmless. He is also very smart.

THAT! is only 'half of the puzzle' as to why he get's under our skin and as to why only some of us can P-BOX him?

Personally, AND, this is my own opinion.....He is a PITA!

KEZ (will elaborate her opinion via email)
thx for clearin that up for me tenworlds.up to this point i thought it was one of lifes great mysteries.
inquiring minds need to know Kerri.I thought PITA was people eating tasty animals
Not PETA. Check it out:http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=PITA&string=exact

--SirTas

Jeez Tas, that's a great link. I lurk on a telecommunicatins industry board and it is loaded with acronyms and this is exactly what I need.

Take a rec.

Hundriver
Jeez Tas, that's a great link. I lurk on a telecommunicatins industry board and it is loaded with acronyms and this is exactly what I need.

www.williamaford.com/Info&Search.php

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 4
The Motley Fool message boards just wouldn't be the same without KahunaCFA.

You're right. It's been a much better place since I p-boxed him.