No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi everyone,

If you've been receiving my tweets (less than one a day), you've probably been exposed to a site I like: Advisor Perspectives. I receive a daily email at market close and a weekly summary on Friday highlighting short papers written by various investment advisors. Thoughts about economic recovery, latest news, investment philosophy, writing annual letters, keeping high net worth clients, etc. The email includes the title and first paragraph of each piece. I pick and choose what to read.

Anyway, what struck me as funny was yesterday's email. One article was this:

Who Gets Credit For the Recovery?

What's the opposite of a double dip? Whatever it is, that's where we are. Remember commercial real estate, re-setting ARMs, foreclosures, muni-bond defaults, Greece, Ireland, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, high unemployment, more savings, or just plain old government debt? At least one of these, or maybe all of them, was going to make recovery impossible, or end any recovery prematurely. But none of it happened. The double dip turned out to be a figment.

Two articles later in the list was this:

Will the Global Recovery be Brought to its Knees by Commodity Prices?

The juxtaposition just struck me as funny.

I'm easily amused. :-)

Cheers,
Jim
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.