Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Today I begin the rest of my life. Actually, on this day I started my life, so it is a perfect opportunity to reflect.

Living with diabetes is not what I expected when I was diagnosed a little less than 5 years ago. I dropped 30 pounds in 3 months, and have maintained a weight of 145-50 pounds since. I have mostly been responsible eating and exercising (well, mostly eating), and have excellent reports from the doctor.

Which is all to preface how I am celebrating this most monentous day: Eating everything wrong and loving every minute of it. Tomorrow will come, today is here now. Lunch was a Sonic cheeseburger w/rings and a milkshak (all small sizes, don't ya know). Dinner tonight will be italian at DM and DF's with DB1 and DB4 in attendance (DB3 is in FL on assignment) and maybe a niece and nephew, including Chicken Marsalas, salad, and some kind of garlic potatoes.

There will be cake, and I will take home the leftovers. Don't even challenge me on that.

Of course, a year ago I was more depressed, having enjoined the FUL&trade less than a week before. However, being relieved of that stress free environment at the FEWMNBN&trade (which I still maintain contributed to my disease) has been the best thing for my health, despite the 9 1/2 months before I embarkd on FRL&trade. Having remarkably reasonably priced COBRA coverage which gets me 3 months of testing supplies for only $60 has also been a boon during the last 12 months.

Life has definately taken a round-about way to get here, but now that I am here, I find I am not too far off course and only a couple years behind schedule. Financially, I have laid the groundwork over my adult life to be able to deal with life's turns and twists. Even now, my work world is less stressed since as a contractor, I am mentally prepared to be thrown back to the streets and in search of a new contract.

There is a long road ahead, more obstacles to overcome, heavy decisions to be made. But I feel good on this momentous day of introspection. And feeling good even better than being good. So today I will indulge, and tomorrow I will take as it comes.

Fuskie
Who thanks all his Foolish friends for their support and comfort over the past year...

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Of course, a year ago I was more depressed, having enjoined the FUL&trade less than a week before. However, being relieved of that stress free environment at the FEWMNBN&trade (which I still maintain contributed to my disease) has been the best thing for my health, despite the 9 1/2 months before I embarkd on FRL&trade

Could you explain these acronyms for the uninitiated? Thanks.
Ted
No. of Recommendations: 0
Could you explain these acronyms for the uninitiated? Thanks.
Ted

Those aren't acronyms, that's his way of cursing ;-)

J.P.(friend of Fuskie)

P.S. Is Fuskie another curse word? (ducking)
No. of Recommendations: 3
FUL&trade = Fuskie's Unemployed Life
FRL&Trade = Fuskie's Reemployed Life
FEWMNBN&trade = Former Employer Who Must Not Be Named

Fuskie
Who declares his name is the complete antithesis of a curse word...
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

FUL™ = Fuskie's Unemployed Life
FRL&Trade = Fuskie's Reemployed Life
FEWMNBN™ = Former Employer Who Must Not Be Named

Fuskie
Who declares his name is the complete antithesis of a curse word...

Of curse not...

J.P.(who all kidding aside thinks Fuskie is one of the best posters in Fooldom!)
No. of Recommendations: 2
J.P.(who all kidding aside thinks Fuskie is one of the best posters in Fooldom!)

Well thank you! I don't know what I did to deserve that honor!

Fuskie
Who added a C2 and a strawberry cheesecake to today's indescretions...

Well thank you! I don't know what I did to deserve that honor!
Fuskie

==================================================================

I think you asked me this before in a letter...why you made my fav Fools list.I've been here a while and often frequent boards that I sometimes post on, but only if I have the time or the info. Two of them,Ask a Foolish Question, and Investing for Beginners are two of them that we have in common along with the Diabetes (and we're from the same general neck of the woods). A good part of my Fav list is made up of people from the Ask board just because they take the time to answer questions and they don't have "TMF" in front of their s/n. Very selfless.

J.P.
OOPS, yeah...about that "same neck of the woods" comment. For some reason I thought you were from Philly...
No. of Recommendations: 2
and we're from the same general neck of the woods

What neck would that be?

Fuskie
Who comes from the southern neck of the woods...
see previous post...