Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
I am pleased to announce that today I joined the employ of the Nonprofits Insurance Alliance Group as a full time Crystal Reports Developer. NIAG is an unusual company, a non-profit insurance company that exclusively serves the non-profit organization market. A head for insurance and a heart for nonprofits.

Fuskie
Who is excited for the opportunity to leverage 30 years of experience in an environment that supports organizations focused on doing good for others...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Orbital ATK (OA), Intuit (INTU), Time Warner (TWX), Titan International (TWI)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Congrats, Foolish colleague. It has been a pleasure to get to know you.

I work in a non-profit. Send me some info.

Paul
CMFMutwa
Ticker Guide: HAL, ROIC, CSTE
Holdings: tinyurl.com/CMFMutwa
Congrats Fuskie!
Congratulations! It will be interesting to get your thoughts on how working for a non-profit is different from for-profit business.

TMFCADeb
Long Non-profits
No. of Recommendations: 1
Here's the company's web site: https://insurancefornonprofits.org/

Fuskie
Who notes NIAG operates in 32 states...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Orbital ATK (OA), Intuit (INTU), Time Warner (TWX), Titan International (TWI)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
No. of Recommendations: 2
It will be interesting to get your thoughts on how working for a non-profit is different from for-profit business.

Well, for one thing, they don't match charitable contributions since it would be an inappropriate use of supporter donations. I don't know how much fundraising they do, but they were formed off a number of charitable grants a couple decades ago. They also aren't held to the same regulatory rules as for-profit insurance companies, which offers them more flexibility to meet customer needs. And many insurance companies simply won't underwrite policies for nonprofits.

Fuskie
Who notes otherwise, they've been like a normal company so far.

-----