Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Fuskie
Who is not worried about the health of his non-existent children

As Howie posted, the medication you mentioned isn't metformin so it's a moot point.

As to not worrying about your non-existent children, per the link, a good many other men aren't likely to be aware either.

I'd certainly never considered it. However over the years I was in practice, the numbers of patients I saw with T2D.....or on their way to the diagnosis..... increased from near zero (in the UK in the 1970s) to me seeing what I called the Holy Trinity of Lipitor, Glucophage, Norvasc or similar on medical histories multiple times a day. In increasingly younger adults too.

I suspect that a good many drugs used to treat the various manifestations of metabolic dysfunction (including insulin) are going to start showing more of these undesirable side effects as they're used in an increasingly younger demographic and for a longer time frame than we've seen so far.

I've always called childhood dental caries a parent's gift that keeps on giving.....and the global economic impact of that disease is great enough. I can't imagine what T2D is going to do. It's the epidemic folk don't want to think about.

There, I've turned this into a financial discussion board.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.