Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

To tell the truth, I've never posted to a blog before. If you follow the boards, I am sure you find that hard to believe. But discussion boards are one thing; a blog is another. So with that behind me, here it goes. Fuskie's First Blog Post.

If you are reading this blog to get some insight into my investing habits, boy have you made a mistake. While I have already invested in some of my CAPS picks, I do not have positions in all of them. Instead, I use CAPS to prospect, check out companies in which I am interested, and track companies for which I have pitched personal predictions.

I am not an investing professional. Never-the-less, I am staking my future on my being a fast learner, making good choices, and yes, getting a little bit lucky. Maybe a lot lucky. So if you want to see what's peeked my interest, then by all means, check out my blog. Feel free to pin me down on the boards about my selections or my pitches. CAPS is a neat resource, but it's the interaction that makes the game.

Fuskie

Who will try to periodically post blog updates on his investment ruminations...

Print the post Back To Top

The worst thing about a blog is the nervous anticipation of whether anyone values your thoughts enough to read them, let alone respond. So we tend to talk ourselves, often to ourselves, to fill in the gap and avoid the awkward silence that comes from being on the sidelines.

Today I added a new CAPS pitch for TMA - Thornburg Mutual. I am looking for high dividend equities to take advantage of a small part of my Fidelity IRA which offers free equity dividend reinvestment. With Thornburg, the stock price is not very stable, so I am concerned that reinvesting those dividends will only throw good money after bad, instead of accumulating cash for further investments.

In my pursuit of stable high dividend paying companies, I am also looking at Pitney Bowes (PBI), General Maritime (GMR), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) and the IShares DOW Select Dividend ETF (DVY). TMA and GMR offer the biggest bang for the buck, but there is a significant risk that the market value loss could exceed the income earned.

Fuskie

Who is so torn by this question that he has regretfully procrastinated making a decision...

Fuskie, I'm reading your blog so don't fee so lonely. :)

p.s. Your stable of stable, high dividend paying companies looks good to me. I've been tracking all but PBI and GMR. Thanks for adding 2 to my list!

---jk