Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Okay, I recently changed jobs and I'm in the process of rolling the 401K funds from my previous employer (we'll call them Company A) to a self-directed IRA. At my new job, I have just signed up for 401K contributions through their program (Company B). If I change jobs again, will I be able to rollover the Company B 401K funds into my self-directed IRA? I'm not planning on ever contributing any additional money to this IRA so it should retain it's rollover status. That said I'd like this IRA to always consist of all of my 401K contributions through all of my previous employer's 401K plans. Any help?

Thanks,
Bryan
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Bryan, and welcome. You wrote:

<<Okay, I recently changed jobs and I'm in the process of rolling the 401K funds from my previous employer (we'll call them Company A) to a self-directed IRA. At my new job, I have just signed up for 401K contributions through their program (Company B). If I change jobs again, will I be able to rollover the Company B 401K funds into my self-directed IRA? I'm not planning on ever contributing any additional money to this IRA so it should retain it's rollover status. That said I'd like this IRA to always consist of all of my 401K contributions through all of my previous employer's 401K plans. Any help?>>

You may indeed transfer another employer's 401k plan money into your existing rollover IRA. If and when you do, that IRA will continue to maintain its eligibility for a subsequent transfer to a new employer's plan in the future. To retain that eligibility, just insure you don't contribute any other kind of money to that IRA except money that comes from your employer's qualified retirement plan.

Regards..Pixy
Print the post Back To Top