Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
FWIW,

As I mentioned when I was with Indymac I called up Dan Gilbert of Quicken, I think it was Rock Financial back then, and mentioned we were interested in acquiring them. He commented back laughing, "that we couldn't afford them". That was pretty much the conversation.

One a separate note, Indymac was one week away from being acquired by Schwab back in the day, and Schwab was having some internal strife amongst the CEO and President and called off the deal. If they were to acquire us Mike Perry from Indymac would of been the likely next CEO and the current President was not interested. Schwab cancelled the deal one week before it was planned to be announced.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.