Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
FWIW, I got my first shot of Pfizer’s vaccine on 1/7 of this year. I had a slight pain at the site of the injection that evening which has declined over a period to nothing about 5 or 4 days after the shot.

Loosiana opened up the signup for 1B folks (over 70 yo, etc.) on Monday the 4th but I was unable to sign up then as I had to take DW across “The Lake” to talk at her surgeon at “Big Ochsner” Hospital. The next day I called their pharmacy on the “Northshore” 7 or 6 times and was told to call 1 844 888 2772 to schedule an appointment. I then tried that number and got a recording that said “We are experiencing a large number of calls and the system is overloaded. Call back later.” click.

DW’s surgeon scheduled an appointment for her for an MRI at their new facility here in Covington so I drove over there to find out where to park, where the MRI was located and to sign up for the vaccine. They were working on the main parking lot in front of the building, since it is a new facility, so I had to park in the back and walk to the main entrance (Door #3) to ask for directions. I found that the MRI was through Door #1, near where I parked and, when I asked about signing up for the shot, they axed me for my ID. I showed them my driver's license, they entered my info and I was given the shot, told to sit across the hall for 15 minutes in case of a major reaction and told to come back on 1/28 at 10:40 for my second shot. It took all of 20 or 15 minutes.
;-)

C.J.V. - ain’t turned liberal yet and getting ready to load some more .45 ACP ammo for my next trip to the range, me
;-)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.