Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
FWIW, I’m working on cooking stuff in the big freezer in an attempt to figure out what is buried in there. I lost power to the “beer fridge” in my workshop last summer so I cleaned out that freezer section and have only “new food” stored there (butter, pork bones & roast(s), stocks and some cake mixes & flour. Yesterday’s supper was smoked baby back ribs from the “beer fridge”. I think I may still have a udder slab of ribs in the “big Freezer” but I’m not sure.

Friday’s meal was stir fried shrimp (found a pound of medium-sized shrimp that I froze in 2018) from the freezer which I cooked with fresh snow peas, onion, mushrooms and cilantro from the garden (cilantro, parsley, & green onions are bolting down here in S.E. Loosiana). While digging in the freezer, I found a hunk of corned beast that I cured a few years ago and froze. I may hafta do a corned beast & cabbage in the next week or two to use it up if I can find (or dig up) some potatoes. I haven’t decided on tonight’s meal yet. Maybe tortilla soup or chili to use up some chicken & stock or that hunk of beef I froze in 2018 or 17.
;-)

C.J.V. - hafta see if my gravlax I made last year if thawed out enough fur breakfast, me
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.