Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
FWIW, my simpleton plan is to live off my 401K when I hit 59.5. That way when RMDs strike, the account will be reduced. I won't have to wait that long since I am not far from that age already, and can live off the taxable account until then.

I also want to liquidate a lot of my ESPP since I'm overweight in company stock. I'll do that gradually so as not to jump to a higher bracket. Plus it pays dividends, which could affect the ACA benefit we could get.

I may not squeeze everything out that I can, but I think it will be adequate to secure our future. I do want to take some common-sense measures, but I don't want it to be a full-time preoccupation to chase-down every possible angle. Not that there is anything wrong with doing that, it's just not what I want to do with the years I have left.

Didn't know about the increase in tax credit for EVs. Pretty cool. Maybe we'll have to get another one. Both our ICE vehicles are getting old, so selling them my be appropriate.

I'll also probably be doing ROTH conversions as I can. Doesn't hurt, right? We've already been doing them with 1poorlady's non-deductible IRA contribution (utilizing the "back door").

And since the ACA survived (again), looks like we'll be able to get some decent premiums on a policy for the next 7 or so years to Medicare.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.