Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
fwiw : TurboTax says my penalty is about $70 on $3500 tax
.... I figure it's not worth the trouble to deal with ES at
this point

It's not much trouble. You just go to the IRS website, download/print the Form 1040-ES, fill it in, and send it in with a check.

The form is just a coupon/voucher where you fill in your name, address and SS No., and amount you're paying.

It's a lot less trouble than getting set up with EFTPS.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.