Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
There's a small, but pleasant RV park almost in downtown Sauk Center, Minnesota. No sewer site available, just Water and Electric and no reservations. 1st come 1st served. You won't find this park listed anywhere. $15/night, you are on a lake, nice and quiet, 1/8 mile from an American Legion and the center of town. (Put on the map by Sinclair Lewis's novel "Main Street.")Of course, the park is named "The Sinclair Lewis Campground." It's run by the city.

Hammer
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 12
You mentioned the American Legion...do you ever stay in military parks? Most bases have them.

kely
There's a small, but pleasant RV park almost in downtown Sauk Center, Minnesota. No sewer site available, just Water and Electric and no reservations. 1st come 1st served. You won't find this park listed anywhere. $15/night, you are on a lake, nice and quiet, 1/8 mile from an American Legion and the center of town. (Put on the map by Sinclair Lewis's novel "Main Street.")Of course, the park is named "The Sinclair Lewis Campground." It's run by the city.

We spent part of our summer vacation in Minnesota and just loved it. We found that there are a lot of City parks and most had electrical, some had water and some had dump stations and MOST were not in any camping guide. The price ranged from $10 to $5. We also found the same thing in North Dakota.

We look forward to returning to Minnesota someday.

Utahtea

We spent part of our summer vacation in Minnesota and just loved it.

Hi utahtea, haven't 'talked' to you in a while.

Tigerman
rosebear stated:
You mentioned the American Legion...do you ever stay in military parks? Most bases have them.

No, we haven't. Tell us more!

Hammer

Hi utahtea, haven't 'talked' to you in a while.

Tigerman,

I guess we don't travel on the same boards much:) I keep watch to all the post on this board, but you can usually find me on the Isle of Revenge board.

Do you have an RV and if so what kind? Where do you like to travel?

Utahtea

Do you have an RV and if so what kind? Where do you like to travel?
Utahtea

Yeah, I've got a Class A by Lake Texoma but I'm not traveling for the short term. I used to see you around the Boomer board when I was here more frequently but I've been absent.

Tigerman
I used to see you around the Boomer board when I was here more frequently but I've been absent.

That makes two of us:)

I just feel more at home on the Tony's Isle.

Utahtea