Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I hate being a growed up. *sniff*

Meeting went well, all fine and good. When PooHead get his crap together and gives el lawyero the rest of the paperwork, she'll file. Should all be over and done, including a rubber stamping by a judge, by the end of February.

I totally pulled off being calm and collected about the whole thing, too. Then made a stop at Mickey D's for a strawberry milkshake and fries.

'Cause some things just need comfort food applied to them.

impolite
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
aw, it just sucks. I am so sorry. Glad you got some comfort food, something to make it a little better.
((((((((((Impolite))))))))))
No. of Recommendations: 1
I hate being a growed up. *sniff*

I feel for you, Imp. More big hugs for you.

'Cause some things just need comfort food applied to them.

Other comfort food situations may include:

When a you get invited in for a coffee after a date and only get coffee.

When a date starts talking about commitment after the third (and last!)date.

When you go on vacation with your GF's family and they start fighting on the first day of a 3 week road trip.

When your boss won't give you a pay rise because he doesn't want you paying more tax. WTF?

When your date says she wants to stay over but can't because she has a boyfriend she hasn't told you about but she hasn't heard from him in 4 months because he's crewing on a yacht but she still thinks she should be faithful because they haven't broken up and he's done this before and come back to her......and he's married......but not to her.

Hugs and more hugs

boycosmo
((((((((((Impolite))))))))))

(((((Strong Drink Needed))))
When your date says she wants to stay over but can't because she has a boyfriend she hasn't told you about but she hasn't heard from him in 4 months because he's crewing on a yacht but she still thinks she should be faithful because they haven't broken up and he's done this before and come back to her......and he's married......but not to her.

I think this is more than comfort food can handle. Comfort liquor or morphine or something, but a milkshake won't cut that.

Still sending hugs to imp.
Still sending hugs to imp.

Thanks. boycosmo actually made me laugh out loud with that last one, because I was reading it in a Phoebe from friends voice. Yeah, twisted, but it made me feel better anyway.

I'm feeling better now. Been chatting with a friend, and it helps.

impolite
I'm feeling better now. Been chatting with a friend, and it helps.

Brief serious bit of advice that you already know: surround yourself with good people.

I'll now return to my normal, caustic, arrogant, hormonally-charged @ssh0!e mode of posting.

-synchronicity
Brief serious bit of advice that you already know: surround yourself with good people.

I am here, am I not?

I'll now return to my normal, caustic, arrogant, hormonally-charged @ssh0!e mode of posting.

*whew* I thought I'd have to, you know, quit making flirty with RJ or something. Thank Dog we are back to normal mode.

impolite
*whew* I thought I'd have to, you know, quit making flirty with RJ or something. Thank Dog we are back to normal mode.

There is only one me.

RJ
Hopefully the UPS driver will arrive a day earlier than scheduled.

Odee
-hopefully the package won't have any holes in it either
(((impolite)))

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Impolite}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
((((((((((Impolite)))))))))

I'm so sorry imp.
When PooHead get his crap together and gives el lawyero the rest of the paperwork, she'll file.

You think maybe he's dragging his feet on purpose?

--Shorty
You think maybe he's dragging his feet on purpose?

--Shorty

Yes and no. I think he's self-absorbed, used to *me* taking care of details and just a little bit likes being in control.

I also think I've thrown him for a loop by pushing for it to happen quickly. We had originally decided to wait until around March to file, for insurance purposes, but after some investigation that became a non-issue. And I started gathering paperwork, pushing for meetings to sort out the details, etc.

I think, actually, he was hoping I'd be bed-ridden with grief. 'Tis not the case.

impolite
No. of Recommendations: 6
I also think I've thrown him for a loop by pushing for it to happen quickly. We had originally decided to wait until around March to file, for insurance purposes, but after some investigation that became a non-issue. And I started gathering paperwork, pushing for meetings to sort out the details, etc.

I think, actually, he was hoping I'd be bed-ridden with grief. 'Tis not the case.

Honestly, when you posted a while back that you were anxiously awaiting Jan 3rd so you could file, I thought maybe you were talking about your taxes. Dumb, I know. But still I kind of hoped you would be able to work things out.

How are your kids doing? Are they understanding what's going on?

When my sister separated from her husband, my mom really tried to talk her out of it. Which is surprising since mom never liked her husband much anyway. I guess they were worried about the kids, I dunno for sure. But it was so obvious to everyone else that it was the right move to make. She's started dating again and is having a good old time. My mother absolutely hates this.

My other sister got walked out on, and that really devastated her. It came out of nowhere. She fought depression for a few years, and now is happier than she ever was when she was married. She dated for a while, then found Steady Eddie. They're busy living happily ever after.

So anyway, I hope you can wade through all this divorce agony and find some happiness on the other side. Take care.

--Shorty
No. of Recommendations: 3
How are your kids doing? Are they understanding what's going on?

The youngest couldn't care less. She has never known differently. #1 is perplexed, but honestly a year without Daddy and then only a few weeks with him before we got separate houses made the transition not as hard for him. I think he kinda sorta remembers that Mommy and Daddy used to live with each other, but not in anyway that made it harder on him. Most of the issues he is having stems from different bedtimes at the two places <grrrr> and not quite knowing for sure when Daddy will pick him up <*fume*>.

When my sister separated from her husband, my mom really tried to talk her out of it. Which is surprising since mom never liked her husband much anyway. I guess they were worried about the kids, I dunno for sure. But it was so obvious to everyone else that it was the right move to make. She's started dating again and is having a good old time. My mother absolutely hates this.

My parent's didn't bother trying. MIL wanted it to work out, and pushed it to, but it just wouldn't. So, onward.

My other sister got walked out on, and that really devastated her. It came out of nowhere.

I was shocked by the whole thing, but I think handled myself pretty well. I took some time that first weekend and hid at a friend's house, and have been really good about calling up a friend if I need one. I've been getting out of the house most nights I don't have the kids, and am sticking to my fitness routine. I'm eating a smidge more than I should, but don't we all?

So anyway, I hope you can wade through all this divorce agony and find some happiness on the other side. Take care.

Thanks. Will do.

impolite
There is only one me.

RJ

*giggle*

impolite
I also think I've thrown him for a loop by pushing for it to happen quickly.

Is this for a divorce or a legal separation? Can you get a divorce so quickly?

{{{imp}}}

pix
Is this for a divorce or a legal separation? Can you get a divorce so quickly?

{{{imp}}}

pix

An uncontested divorce can take as little as 60 days in Missouri.

impolite
No. of Recommendations: 6
90 days in Illinois.

All you have to do is agree on everything.

I told my ex if she left me my labrador retriever, my Harley and my recliner, I'd sign anything her attorney put in front of me.

He was a good dog til the last. All I have left are his ashes on my mantel. I miss him a lot more than I ever missed her.
Its a year in Virginia, but its easily fudged.

Barbara

Glad it'll be quick, hope it is also painless. When it is not painless, just reach for the apple brandy, or jack and coke, or a hug from Impette #1 or #2.

Cosmos
{{{{IMP}}}}}

Glad it'll be quick, hope it is also painless. When it is not painless, just reach for the apple brandy, or jack and coke, or a hug from Impette #1 or #2.

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob
pix

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob
pix
Barbara

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob
pix
Barbara
Shorty

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob
pix
Barbara
Shorty
sjfans

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob
pix
Barbara
Shorty
sjfans
bleplatt

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob
pix
Barbara
Shorty
sjfans
bleplatt
Soup

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob
pix
Barbara
Shorty
sjfans
bleplatt
Soup
Diane

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob
pix
Barbara
Shorty
sjfans
bleplatt
Soup
Diane
-Sunny

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob
pix
Barbara
Shorty
sjfans
bleplatt
Soup
Diane
-Sunny
xraymd

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob
pix
Barbara
Shorty
sjfans
bleplatt
Soup
Diane
-Sunny
xraymd
~marcia

{{{{IMP}}}}}

Cosmos
PineLevel
ROTJob
pix
Barbara
Shorty
sjfans
bleplatt
Soup
Diane
-Sunny