Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
A lot of the great stars of ’60s music were born during World War II, clocking in just ahead of the baby boom. So they’ve always been the senior citizens of their own, spectacularly youth-oriented generation. When they were young, they wrote songs about getting old.

“I’ll never tour when I’m 50,” he announced when he was 29 and blissfully unaware that in 2013 he would be celebrating the completion of the Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary Tour.

“I hope I die before I get old,” sang Roger Daltrey, who turns 70 on March 1.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/27/opinion/mick-jagger-birthd...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
You know, its funny......when we were in our 20's and 30's, 70 was SO OLD. Now that I will be turning 69 this year, 70 is SO YOUNG. Granted, we have a physical frailties, but our minds (at least mine) are still very young. Being able to adapt and having a positive attitude have a lot to do with our minds and bodies.

Donna (who really, overall, feels better than she did at 35)
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<You know, its funny......when we were in our 20's and 30's, 70 was SO OLD. Now that I will be turning 69 this year, 70 is SO YOUNG. Granted, we have a physical frailties, but our minds (at least mine) are still very young. Being able to adapt and having a positive attitude have a lot to do with our minds and bodies.

>>

Hee! Hee!

"Don't trust anyone over thirty!"

That was a really arrogant knee slapper!

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Don't trust anyone over thirty!"

That was the kind of thing people were saying in the 1960s, when people over 30 would have been born in the 1930s and thus raised without rock'n'roll and the teen counter-culture that was popular in the sixties. There was a "generation gap" -- and the young people knew it. They knew that people born before WWII were different from them.

culcha
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<"Don't trust anyone over thirty!"

That was the kind of thing people were saying in the 1960s, when people over 30 would have been born in the 1930s and thus raised without rock'n'roll and the teen counter-culture that was popular in the sixties. There was a "generation gap" -- and the young people knew it. They knew that people born before WWII were different from them.

culcha
>>

Glad to hear young people don't think there's a generation gap today.

Or perhaps they aren't as foolish and arrogant as young people in the 1960s.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 0
Glad to hear young people don't think there's a generation gap today.

I think there there is still a generation gap. But it's pretty much the same people who have it. The children of the sixties seem gapped away from both their preceding and their following generations.

culcha