Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Guys , this would be a good idea for ATHM to do ,I got this from axcite board.
]the mataburro
The Game Zone also runs many different internet games. There are over 20,000 people playing multiplayer games over the internet everyday on this site. People from all over the world are playing internet games and interacting with others in a virtual environment. I've met people from Turkey, Hong Kong, Japan, and Taiwan. Many of the kids that play on the site use cable modems because all other speeds are too slow and is not exciting enough. I myself am a regular gamer at the zone site. Many gamers here are teenagers and 20yr olds. I have seen the attentendance peak at close to 30,000 people. I think your next acquistion should be computer game maker companies. Apply these gaming technoloies to Excite and develope a dedicated Internet Gaming Server. Just think, the new toys of the future for kids is computer games. Kids will be able to connect their Nintendo 64 accross the net and play against people from all over the world. Sony Play Station, and Sega Genisis will all connect to each other acrross the Internet and battle the video games with people. A new kind of entertainment, more interactive than TV...more virtual...more fun. Your result is more dedicated subscribers and revenues from selling software games. And big business deals with Sony, Nintendo, Sega and many more companies. Thus more continued growth. thanx for reading. Josh Chen

Print the post Back To Top
I am a member of OKBridge (< http://www.okbridge.com >
15,000 + members world wide. Privately owned (San Diego).

Participation, bridge only, my guess about 1500-2000 players/day, more on weekends (24hr access)

Greets,
Dr_E
A little info about games on @home....

I recently purchased a game made by a company named Dynamix. The game called "Tribes" is a truley unique first person multiplayer game (using TDFX technolgy) that can only be played on the internet. (The game includes software to sign up for AT&T Worldnet if you dont already have an ISP) And while 56k and slower modems can be used to play it, it is sometimes "laggy" or "glitchy". The manufacture suggests that a faster internet connection be used for best results. In fact, many of the advanced graphics options are recommended only if you have a T1 or faster type of internet connection. Also, I have seen the @home name used in several of the servers that you have to connect to to play.(I assume they may provide the bandwidth for the people running these servers??) I have also been to the dedicated chat rooms for the game and the buzz is without a doubt @home. Everyone wants it! I think in the future, game manufaturers will be driving a huge demand for broadband service and I see @home there to deliver. Quite possibly in the future, instead of AT&T Worldnet software included on the CD.....perhaps @home???

Just thought I'd share a little info =)

Long on ATHM

Sedulous1
I just got off my athm home page and I found this little tid bit under the games section

Attention cable
modem users! Want to find
your best possible HEAT connection and
lowest ping? No problem. Now every game
hosted on @Home servers will be
designated by the stylish new icon seen
above. Now others with high speed
connections can find you easily and join in
on all the multiplayer fun!

The future of on line gaming is broadband and guess who's delivering it right now.
Long on ATHM
<<Now others with high speed
connections can find you easily and join in
on all the multiplayer fun!

The future of on line gaming is broadband and guess who's delivering it right now.>>

Most excellent, dude! :-)

Every time I've tried with my 56k the results at best - suck. AOL is part of the problem but even my isp before that sucked. I don't know how any modem user can stand it. Gamers are gonna love ATHM!

Derek
HEAT.net is only available for PC users... but it doesn't TELL you this. I logged on, signed up, and was then told to download a 1.3MB .EXE file to install. I looked around for Mac support, but it was nowhere to be found. And then I had a long hassle trying to UNsubscribe myself from heat.net's mailings!

Of course, I still get pings of anywhere from 75 to 200 on regular old Unreal servers... but I'd love to get into HEAT.net.
<< Every time I've tried with my 56k the results at best - suck. AOL is part of the problem but even
my isp before that sucked. I don't know how any modem user can stand it. Gamers are gonna love ATHM! >>

Yeah, I agree. I am a big gamer and am tired of getting my ass kicked by what we gamers call LPBs (thats Low Ping Bastards). Cable modem users have a great advantage in these 3D internet games like Quake 2, and every kid (and adult) who plays these games is screaming for a cable connection. I have been waiting for cable access to the internet for over a year. It is just not available yet, and I live in downtown Chicago (TCI). I want my Cable IP!!