Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Gannon is gonna be solid, but Brooks offers a great upside. Look at his numbers, they're really good. I like Brooks better personally. My two QBs are Brooks and GrBac. Another advantage for Brooks is he's done his bye week. Check their schedules in the playoffs too, as that may be a deciding factor of who plays weaker teams.

I have Brooks in my other league, and have been mildly disappointed. I think he has upside, but I'm not convinced he'll achieve it. Overall, I think he's a good play. I decided to go for Gannon, on the dependability factor. Grbac has upside too, but it is nice to know I'll have a QB I can rely upon.

Schedule during playoff: Brooks gets St Louis, Tampa, Washington during our playoff weeks. The first 2 are good defenses. (Let's not start the St. Louis D debate again!) Oakland gets San Diego, Tennessee and Denver. Weaker Ds, especially weaker secondaries.

Moss is the best in the game, but only when he decides to show up. Harrison will always be solid like his prior years, but he tends to fade at the end of the year which is playoff time so think about that too. Either of them would be fine to give up for either Holt or Bruce. Bruce will likely give you more consistent production, and Holt more big games and more quiet games. Bruce is older and may tire at the end of the year.

Agrees on Moss. His ankle has been bugging him some, and now he has the big fat contract. (I like to get guys in the last year of a contract... Lamar Smith this year, for example.) Holt and Bruce both seem to go in streaks. The risk there is that Warner goes down, but that is a risk with any QB/WR.

How's your RB situation look? With that combo, I'd be very tempted to say "Take both Harrison and Moss and gimme Gannon/Brooks (I like Brooks), Holt, and one of your stud running backs." If you're hurting at RB, you could fill that hole, get a better QB, have a solid backup QB, and still start Holt/Bruce, Brown, and Toomer. That would be pretty impressive.

I have Lamar Smith and Shaun Alexander in that league. Backed up by Watters, Pittman and Mack. I wouldn't mind getting another dependable RB in the deal, but I don't think I will. This guy has Edge and George. He offered me Dillon or Tomlinson for Moss or Harrison before the season started, which I turned down. He traded them both for George instead. These days, I wouldn't mind having Tomlinson, but preseason, that's a bad deal. Still don't think I'd pay Moss or Harrison for Tomlinson, anyway. He wouldn't consider Edge for one of the two WRs then, so I suspect he wouldn't now, especially now that he traded his depth. But, I'll check.

think about grabbing Travis Taylor if he's on the wire. He's quickly becoming GrBac's favorite target...

Long gone in our league.

Thanks for the opinions,
Pup

Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.