Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
G'day Christina, hope it's getting warmer over there in New York. Hopefully i'll be flying over there soon !!!

Anyway great article on PE's. I actually don't know where you stand Christina, are you a value or a growth investor? i'll love to hear your story.

Anyway for a full disclosure here is my portfolio displayed with a % it holds in my portfolio and a P/E (assuming it actually has earnings). They all American Stocks.

Stock    % of portfolio      P/E Ratio

NTAP:       43.56%            667.71
BRCD:       15.56%           1557.74
EMC:        12.61%            142.39
MSFT:        6.12%             62.89
IBI:         0.0001%           17.58
TERN:        4.77%           Yet to make a profit !
CSCO:        3.11%            190.84
INKT:        3.73%           Yet to make a profit !
EXDS:        1.04%           Yet to make a profit !

Why am i betting on technology?

Unlike other booms such as the Nifty Fifty of the 1974 period, i see most of the companies above revolutionising the way businesses and society can reduce the costs of work.

For instance EMC is a storage filer, thus instead of all those huge paper warehouses, businesses can store it on the these machines. This makes it easier for businesses to recover records instead of going to a warehouse and physically recovering it. 

Lance

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.