No. of Recommendations: 0
Gee, you seem to have hijacked this thread. I trust it was inadvertent because of your high interest in oil peaking. I never tried to make a statement on peak OIL, I was talking about NATURAL GAS.

Heck, just look at the thread title. I won't argue with you about oil, my #1 point was that oil is assumed to be our major BTU source when there are partial substitutes well known to us already. Substitutes which look to have the potential to scale up massively to provide the BTUs which (we tend to agree) oil will not.

My #2 point is that Simmons may not be the fully knowledgeable, trustworthy consultant. He is peddling fear and making money from it, plus he dabbles at least a bit in conspiracy theory. I'm not putting my hands on the tar baby of peak oil date, but when it comes to natural gas I double don't trust his knowledge.

I'm just trying to look at this the way a reservoir engineer would. The stuff we've seen from Simmons so far is not up to the standard that would neutralize my professional skepticism. But I do thank you for providing a lot of information, it does appear you are working at being informed and level headed.

Regards -- C44
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.