Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 16
Geez ... peak oil between now and 2040? ... I wonder what other "crisis" will be published shortly to make it a trifecta ... with the Global Warming hysteria, do we need more of this bureaucratic scary crap?

Every time a "crisis"is discovered, politicians find an excuse to dole out $$$$ to find "solutions".

If we don't die from obesity, we will die of panic thinking of what Global Warming is going to do 100 years from now, or conversely worrying about peak oil and how I am going to be able to find gasoline to fill by 3 foot car in 2040 ...or maybe by that time I will be riding a horse and will not need to worry about peak oil anymore... ugh!!!

When the so called "energy crisis" hit the front pages in the 1970's we created the Energy Department. A totally useless government Department in which we pour yearly billions and billions of dollars and from which not a single practical "solution" of significance has ever arisen.

We have spent over $200 billion in that department ... God forbid just to think how much more we are going to be spending on this peak oil nonsense and the global warming hysteria especially now that Al Gore is a Hollywood star and soon to be a Noble Laurate ... O God I am on my way to the bathroom to puke...

M.B.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.