Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
GeoffChase in #5097:
"You forgot to account for the split last year which is why the shares outstanding doubled."

You're right. Silly me, I was just blindly plugging in the numbers! It's good to have a community of eyeballs to scrutinize my results to see if their legit.

I suspect that if you use ORTL (which TMF will in next week's rulemaker article) instead of NT (as I have), you may wind up with a smaller number for JDSU, since ORTL has less debt, and more (net) cash than NT.

Another factor which will affect JDSU's RM Ranking is looking at how to account for the merger w/ OCLI.

Here are OCLI's numbers:

Income Statement . . .
Sales 89.86
Cost of Goods Sold 63.19
Net Income 6.95
Shares Outstanding 15.32

Balance Sheet . . .
Cash & Equivalents 120.02
Current Assets 190.32
Short-term Debt 4.79
Current Liabilities 36.19
Long-term Debt 54.94

Margins & Ratios . . .
Gross Margins 29.7%
Net Margins 7.7%
Cash-to-Debt 2.01
Net Cash 60.3
Fool Flow Ratio 2.24

Should these numbers be simply added to JDSU's equivalent entries, or is there more to it than that?

Thx.
Cheers,
Albert
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.