No. of Recommendations: 0
George
RE:
>>... I have thousands in profits from him (Gilder)
(JDSU, NXLK, CNXT, GBLX, etc.)

Agree with you about the value of Gilder's advice. So will many others on this board (as evidenced by the no. of times he is mentioned here). Problem is many who are new to this or other TMF sites, discuss his newsletter as a stock-picking service, citing his "list". As we both know, this is not the primary value - but rather as a damn good tool to help understand the technology and the companies he chooses to discuss. Individual DD still pays off, and is the important key. And, as you know, people could cite as many wrong 'picks' of his, as profitable ones. Interesting to note how long QCOM languished (??4 years?, or was it 8??), even as a Gilder selection, for instance. Many also have been downright offended when he dropped QWST, etc. Point being, he is not selecting these on basis of likelihood of near-term growth, but as appropriately (i.e. 'Gilderesque') attuned components of his telecosmic-future vision.

As a subscriber, I realize this is not news to you - but thank you for allowing me to amplify your sentiments for others not as familiar with the Gildermeister. Every time there is a post like yours (citing profits from Gilder's selections), we get people arguing about whether he is a good "stock-picker". Which misses the whole point IMHO.

-Mark
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.