Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi US-Fools !

This is one of my very few messages on this US-Board.(I´m a bit more active on the german one)
But I have to say that fool.com is my favourite internet-site and I hope that the german Motley Fool will once become as great as its big brother.

But now lets start.
I followed the coverage of the GAP sell during the last weeks. But what I don´t understand is the fact that you are so sceptical about GAP in europe. I can just speak from my german point of view but I know that GAP has just opened its first german store in munich.
I read about it in a magazine-article and I have to say that this store seems to be quite amazing (in a positive way) for the germans.
In germany most of the younger people, like me, go shopping in a H&M store.(I don´t know if it is also so popular in the US)
But GAP seems to be very different. I read about great services like a bell in the cubicle (hope you know what I mean) and also the cool design of the store.
In germany we are not used to that. We are just used to long lines in front of the cubicle and the cash desk. But also to low prices. (well at least for H&M)
I don`t know if GAP is also that cheap. But personally I´m looking forward to go shopping in the store in munich. And I also hope that GAP is going to open some more stores in germany. (although that would add more debt)
So let`s hope for you as shareholders and for me as a german customer that GAPs german future will not be as negative as you expect it.

Greetings from Germany !!
Steffen

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.