Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Germany will need to concentrate educating those immigrant children to take over the upcoming shortage of skilled job workers.

To the best of my knowledge Germany has had a very large number of guest workers since shortly after WWII. They needed them to replace the 8 million men who never returned from WWII. Of course Guest workers had few rights and German citizenship was (is?) based on who your parents are rather than where you were born.

Not long after the Wall came down a large population of "Russian Germans" moved into our neighborhood. They were descendants of Germans who had moved to Russia long ago to work for Peter the Great and originally lived in special German communities until Stalin put a stop to that. They never the less qualified to return to Germany as German citizens which horrified a couple of my German neighbors. One friend called them Auslander forgetting that I to was an Auslander. }};-D

She would have been even more horrified if she saw how many of them moved into the former Canadian military housing in Lahr after our guys packed up and moved out rather quickly after the wall came down. This is something we learned after WWI when the Brits discovered they could use the Canadians to try to rescue the Czar and his family from the Communists ... of course it was already too late.

Tim
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.