Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
get ahold of a couple of the Gaither Homecoming Videos. Then sit down and watch them. It's all music, no preaching.

We finally agree on something. I used to see them on a religious station before I quit watching it when they went political on me.

The old Southern Gospel music is fabulous. And as a kid, I remember in the 'conservative' Baptist church when the traveling quartets would come. The harmonies were beautiful and it was happy and uplifting.

That's what the gospel should be: Uplifting and bringing hope.

Not a political baseball bat to bash poeple over the head with alot of do's and don'ts.

Bill Gaither...yep, great music!!

However, there are some real crazy fanatics in religion, and I saw a 'telethon' last night or the night before on a PBS station where there was alot of weeping and wailing and crying out about putting a certain 'man' in office as President.

Let's not mix religion and politics. It really doesn't work well.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.