Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Get them each a leg lamp.

Anything cool I should know about that human children about those ages would like?

If adults know it's cool, it isn't anymore.

At this age it's almost easier to go back to the 4 choice idea, where they kind of have to tell you:
I want- I need
I would wear- I would read

As mentioned by 2G, AAA isn't shiny but because it goes with the-kid-and-not-the-car, can be a great present that you never know when it'll be used.

He drives (her friends drive?)- so gas card, maybe?

So far the best idea my husband has had is to get our oldest a bunch of $10 gift cards to his favorite places,

because we are total dorks, it would be hilarious (to me) to give random value gift cards (unmarked) - to each of them, so they would have no idea.
yeah, maybe the total is still $50 - but the amounts would be $8.73; $2.11; $23.01 etc...*

peace & also, always socks
t

* one can go online and find the value of almost any gift card, so a few minutes with google & he would know, but he'd still have to do a little leg work.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.